Friday, August 28, 2009

Computer Issues


I seem to be having some computer issues. Yesterday Entrecard sent out a notice that their toolbar had been updated to work with the new version of Firefox so I upgraded both and have been having issues ever since. It's really strange though... yesterday I was having trouble getting Google and Blogspot blogs to pull up but other web sites worked fine and this was happening on Adrian's computer as well... so we assumed it was a Google issue since both are Google apps.

But this morning I'm still having a lil trouble with that... though it seems to be a lil better... at least I could log in... and hopefully this posting will go through.. what I spent time working on last night didn't save or post :( . My e-mail is also not working this morning.... don't know if it's a G-mail issue or Incredimail.... it appears to be G-mail and that would be consistent with the Google issue.


Anyone else having problems with Google apps?? I don't know how much EC dropping I'll get done today if this continues... I didn't get to finish yesterday either... but I'll keep trying.

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

9 comments:

Stacie said...

So far things are going ok with Entre Card. I don't use the google apps. What ever you do don't upgrade incredimail right now. There is to many bugs in it and it's causing problems for people.

A Lil Enchanted said...

Thanks for the warning Stacie... I've been putting off upgrading. I should just know better by now.... every time I upgrade something it causes issues for me. Things are running better... at least I can now log into my blog and make a post and comment. Yesterday I couldn't... but my computer is running soooo sloooow... I'm running my spyware and adware and virus programs to see if that is the problem. If it doesn't speed back up I'm downgrading Firefox.

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

Wendy said...

Wish I could answer your questions and help you there, but we're an Internet Explorer family. LOL

Hope everything is resolved and working wonk-free soon!

Unknown said...

So far, I haven't encountered any of the issues that you have, but I had never heard of Incredimail before reading this post--let alone have been using it. Furthermore, I have experienced more crashes with Firefox 3.5 than with all of the other versions combined, and these started long before Entrecard developed a toolbar that was compatible with it.

By the way, are many of the blogs you are having trouble with from the Philippines? A couple of major communications cables sustained damage during a storm a week or so ago, and this has caused trouble with the Internet service in many parts of the area. I have been having a lot of trouble with that.

Grampy said...

Good Morning
I upgraded to the new entrecard toolbar and immediately started having trouble. It seems to be stabilizing somewhat.
Sorry I upgraded.
Have a good weekend.

StaceyC4 said...

You know, when that e-mail came out about the new toolbar, I ALMOST did it. I was still too upset over the whole new Firefox problem a couple of weeks ago when I had to restore it back to the old version to keep my sanity! I'm staying with the old stuff for now. I hope things calm down for you!

Maria@Conversations with Moms said...

Google was having some issues with Blogger for a while. I thought it was my computer in the beginning too.

Sounds like your having a variety of computer problems which can drive someone crazy. Hope they get resolved soon.

KAT said...

I haven't installed it yet, and now I am not sure that I want to?? It sounds like everyone is having a hard time with it all over the blogosphere!!

Hey, thank you for the "Loyal award" I will get it up soon, and want some cheer back??? I gave you another award and it is waiting for you over at Candles, Crafts and Whatnot. Congrats!

Yay! Have a great weekend!!
Kat

Jan from BetterSpines said...

I also upgraded Firefox and the EntreBar; they seem to be working very well. But yesterday a lot of Blogger sites would not load, and my yahoo mail keeps changing font size! Whether that's a related issue I have no idea. Incredimail is a nasty little program that puts way too much junk onto the end of your emails!