Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Galileoscope Has Arrived!

The Galileoscope that I won over at Black Holes and Astrostuff came in the mail yesterday! We were very excited to get it put together... but Bob was right... the instructions were not very clear. We tried using it last night and didn't have much luck. So this morning I went to their web site Galileoscope and was able to get much better instuctions for assembling it. So I'm pretty sure I have it put together right this time... and we can't wait to try it again tonight!

Jordan was really excited about it... just like I knew he would be. As soon as he saw the box he grabbed it up to act like he was running off with it. But the laugh was on him... I had already taken it out of the box and assembled it (tried anyways...lol). But he wasted no time last night in snatching it up and going out to take a look at the moon and stars. I'm sure he'll be more pleased tonight since it will be working better... I had the lense turned the wrong way.... see all of these lil pieces??? Well it doesn't actually show the 6 tiny lenses that are size of contact lenses that you have to put in the eye pieces...lol... but I got er done!

Thanks again Bob! We'll spend many happy hours stargazing :)

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~

5 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Good to hear you got it , the lens were the trickiest, Astro Nuts had them backwards as well, hopefully you got it together the right way and wait till you see the Moon, and Jupiter as well, Jupiter will be the brightest object in the south east sky, you will see 4 or so tiny dots as well these will be it's 4 largest Moons.

Unknown said...

i am so jealous! that would be so cool to see the moon and the stars and the planets a little closer. can't wait for the story on that!

MaricrisG said...

Awesome! I hope it works so you can enjoy the stars tonight. Congrats on the win!

Maricris
http://zenforyou.dalefg.net

Dorothy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun I hate all those pieces to put together..enjoy

dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

sheila said...

Awesome! (after it's put together, I mean, lol)

I LUV me some star gazing! Very nice to meet you by the way! Harriet really surprised me today!