Saturday, November 7, 2009

Today's Thrift Store Finds

We made it to our favorite thrift store today for Half Price Saturday and I was surprised to find that we were the only ones there since last month it was packed.... maybe because it was a beautiful day today and people were just out enjoying the sun... I dunno.... but it was great for us!

Cottage Thrift is located here in Lil Hicktown in a small old house.... so it gets crowed in there pretty easily. But I love this store! The prices are already awesome... $1 for pants and shirts... $2 for dresses and coats... the toys and books and other items are really cheap too... so it's like shopping a yard sale instead of a thrift store. And all of the proceeds go to a children's charity so that makes it even better :)

Steffie came out really well... as usual... with 5 games

A Barbie nightgown, Disney Princess PJ's, 2 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, a pair of socks...


A few assorted small bathtub toys and 5 books....


And 2 outfits for her dolls.... for some reason the pic won't show up... but they're cute lil sleepers. A strangely nice thing happened though... I told Steffie I was going to look at the games before we left.... they are up on a very high shelf above the clothing racks so they're not easy for her to see... I have to use a coat hanger to actually pull them down from the shelf... that's how high up they are (aren't I creative???lol) .... anyways... she said "will you get me a Strawberry Shortcake game?". I told her it wasn't likely that they would have one... I've never seen a Strawberry Shortcake board game. I get in there and look up.... and there on the shelf is a Strawberry Shortcake game! I couldn't believe it! I really don't think she saw it before or she would have been excited and asked me to get it down already. So how is that for asking and receiving???

I also got some goodies for the new Grandbaby coming in March....

Two heads up car seat covers... 2 blankets... 2 sleepers... a bib... and a hat...


3 onesies.... 4 shirts.... and 3 pairs of pants

Now I have to get it all washed up :)... I didn't find anything for myself this time but that's pretty normal and I really didn't need anything anyways... I need to clean out my closet!

The final cost of our lil shopping spree??? $12 !!!

A Lil Enchanted,
~LaShan~


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

7 comments:

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

Wow! Awesome scores! And lucky Steffie to have that Strawberry Shortcake game up there for her. ;)

Wendy Hawksley said...

These are fabulous finds! Our thrift store here in S. Korea is WAY more expensive. I spent $14 and brought home far less stuff (the clothes are roughly $2.50 each, give or take a buck).

PJ said...

holy hannah! SCORE!!! doesn't it just make you feel like a winner when you can get deals like that. good job my friend...hugz!

Grampy said...

My wife and I are always on the prowl for good bargains like that.We have gotten good ones but not like those.Congratulations on the jack pot.

Mom said...

I love shopping at thrift stores. I've not been too lucky with the board games, but I also haven't been looking.

That is pretty amazing about the Strawberry Shortcake game. I've never seen one, either. How awesome!

jenn said...

That is awesome! I always forget about thrift stores when I go shopping...I need to see what we have around here.

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.