Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Free Donut Friday! Mmmmmm......












OMG.... I love donuts! Don't you??? The first Friday of June is National Donut Day. On this day, Dunkin Donuts is giving away free doughnuts! If you buy any beverage you get a free donut. And you can get also a free Krispy Kreme doughnut..... no purchase necessary! So don’t forget to stop by at any of these two donut shops on Friday.

Now sadly for me there is no Dunkin Donuts anywhere near me. Can you believe that??? When we lived in MA there was one on every corner.... but here in the south I guess DD just doesn't fly. The nearest one is about 100 miles away just north of Atlanta.... so needless to say I won't be driving a hundred miles just to get a donut.

We do have a Krispy Kreme about 20 minutes away in Chattanooga... so that is probably where we'll go to get our freebie. BUT..... KK doesn't have my very favorite donut anymore.... apple filled. Now how in the world could they stop having apple filled donuts???? So I'm not exactly happy with Krispy Kreme right now : ( ..... shame on you Krispy Kreme!

But a free donut is free donut right??? I guess I'll have to um.... suffer.... through a different kind... lol


~A Lil Enchanted~

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know! There is not one near me either and I love donuts! Plus it tastes better when it's free IMO. :)

By the way you are on my Entrecard today!

Lara Zielin said...

I love donuts too! I made a video in honor of donut day ... and I have a book coming out from Putnam called "Donut Days." (here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3PGzjanWf0) Anyway, just had to raise my voice and agree -- donuts rock.

A Lil Enchanted said...

Hi eastsidemom.... I agree freebies *do* taste better!

Nice video Lara... I hope your book does well.

And I do love donuts but everytime I eat them... which hasn't been often lately... I see that commercial in my head.... with the woman walking away and her butt cheeks are two huge donuts.... lol.... I can't remember what the commercial was for... probably a diet product... but I do remember the butt cheek donuts and think "oh no!.... my butt is getting bigger by the minute!.... may as well just take the box of donuts and slap em right on there.....". But they sure wouldn't taste as good that way now would they?!

Mmmmm... donuts do rock.... especially apple filled which I will be deprived of... thanks Krispy Kreme!

Enjoy your donuts tomorrow everyone!!! And don't worry about your butt... you can diet on Saturday... LOL

~A Lil Enchanted~