Thursday, June 25, 2009

More About Our Nashville Weekend....

Steffie had a great time twirling and singing in her adorable lil Stevie Outfit!


















I just can't believe that tomorrow will be a week already since we saw Fleetwood Mac in Nashville. Last week was so busy and hectic getting Sarah to Atlanta for her American Idol audition.... and then us leaving the next day to spend the weekend in Nashville. This week has flown by.... the aches in my body are finally easing.... and I think I'm finally getting back into the swing of things.... I needed a few days to recuperate from having fun... LOL... I guess that's yet another sign of getting older. Geez I would love to have the body and energy I had 20 years ago!

Seeing Fleetwood Mac on Friday night was just the beginning of our lil weekend getaway. It was great to hang out with our friends Cindy and Tim afterwards and have lunch with them on Saturday before they headed back home. I actually met Cindy and Tim..... and my husband .... OMG! 12 years ago ( I can't believe it's been that long ago) on AOL in the Stevie Nicks chatroom. That's right... I met my hubby and some of my very best friends online. That was such a magical time for us all.... the Wild Hearts... as we called ourselves.... I really miss those days of Stevie chats.... and staying up all night on the computer and typing till my fingers just could not function anymore. Cyn, Tim and my hubby of course... are the only ones I kept in touch with from those days.... but I will always remember the others and how much fun we had. It truely was a special time...

But back to our weekend.... we had dinner with a friend who lives in Nashville. Josh is actually someone that Adrian used to work with and even though I've met him before I never really got to talk with him. It was nice to have a chance to get to know him better. We had a really good conversation and he's a really awesome guy. I wanted to go on a ghost tour later.... but it was a walking tour and my feet, legs and back were hurting so bad I just didn't think I could do it.... it was also just really hot... even after dark it was hot and muggy and I just can't tolerate heat well at all.... so I had to pass up the tour. We ended up just going back to our hotel and going to bed early.... I told you I was getting old!








On Sunday we went to the Opryland Hotel.... if you haven't been there it's soooo beautiful! The enormous indoor gardens are just exquisite.... I could walk around in there for days and never tire of the beauty of it.... it's an amazing indoor paradise. If you are ever in Nashville you have to see this place! It's full of walkways.... trees and other plants... waterfalls... and even it's own lil river... complete with a boat you can ride on. There are 3 sections to the gardens.... each with it's own theme... one being the Delta Atrium with a New Orleans theme..... the buildings in that part are replicas of the French Quarter.




















On the drive back home I decided to make a game of counting signs..... I really hate long car rides so this kinda made the ride go by faster. It all started when I saw a Lake Winnepesaukah sign in Murpheesboro... I was soooo surprised to see it that far from Chattanooga.

Seeing this sign.... along with a conversation with Josh the previous night about the cheesy 70's tourist attractions.... Rock City and Ruby Falls inspired my lil game that brought us lot's of laughs on the way home. If you've ever driven anywhere in the south near Chattanooga you know there are tons of signs for these attractions along the way.... so I decided to count them all the way to Chattanooga. I counted.... 5 Lake Winnie signs




38 Ruby Falls signs including billboards and barns such as this one....








26 See Rock City Signs... also billboards and painted barns.... some in spots way back off the road.... 3 Incline signs (this attraction goes along with Rock City and Ruby Falls).... and only 1 sign for the Tennessee Aquarium



Oh the things we do to entertain ourselves.....

And thus ended our weekend getaway.... oh did I mention I walked into a trashed house??? No?.... well that's what happens when you go away for the weekend and leave 2 adult(?) children at home.... sigh....














~A Lil Enchanted~

No comments: